WO Strategies is founded by Katherine Watier Ong. For twenty-five years, she has been passionate about creating and implementing strategic integrated marketing plans. She founded Watier Ong Strategies (WO Strategies, LLC) to help in-house marketers develop and implement stronger digital marketing strategies.
In the last ten years, her focus has been in the digital marketing strategy world where she worked both in-house and agency with organizations ranging from startup to Fortune 500 companies. Katherine had the distinct pleasure of working with B2B, B2C, nonprofits, and government agencies to improve their standings on the web. That work has left her passionate about helping in-house marketers drive results from their marketing programs by leveraging their marketing data.
She thrives in helping marketers improve enterprise level websites within large organizations, or helping search teams increase their results.
Katherine is a self-professed change agent, an “out of the box” thinker, and a passionate digital marketer. She shares that passion in her client engagements and one-on-one personal digital marketing coaching sessions.
She creates campaigns that drive website traffic and conversions for clients, many of which are in-house or agency marketers strapped for resources and time.
Some of these results included:
- Losing 3 websites due to too much traffic. In one case, the campaign drove 1.2 million (up from 300K) to one website in one month.
- Creating and implementing the marketing and sales plan for which made it the market leader in under 3 years and increased website traffic by 300%.
- Creating the strategy and leading the team that helped New Yorkers get their health care questions answered via social media for the New York State of Health. This resulted in 40,000 New Yorkers signing up for health insurance during week one – more than any other state exchange.
- Changing search behavior and driving implementation of electronic health records for the US Department of Health and Human Service’s Office of the National Coordinator.
Katherine loves to help clients stay on top of the latest in search & social developments, and help them or their teams thrive as the “rules” change. She’s a technology geek and wrote the first consumer study about the adoption of wearable computers.
She has helped recruit, assess and hire search teams; evaluated digital marketing employee performance, and helped streamline internal digital marketing processes. She has also helped inspire and bring together teams that are critical for digital marketing success.
Katherine would love to help you – whether you’re a more seasoned digital marketer looking for a second opinion, or you just got digital marketing “dropped” on your lap, she is uniquely qualified to help you sort out the most effective strategy for your organization to streamline your operations and grow traffic.
Katherine started her own company because she wanted to live her core values. Those are embodied in our work and deliverables. These include:
- Passion about the latest in using technology for marketing
- Love of teaching online marketing to anyone who wants to learn
- Drive to learn (daily!)
- Focus on providing the best in class work that drives real results
Send her a note today to learn more about how WO Strategies can focus your organization’s digital marketing strategy and more effectively connect you with your online audience.