Your privacy is critically important to us.
- We are considerate about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information until you delete the data, request for it to be removed from the list or you are inactive for over 3 years.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We help in-house marketers develop and implement stronger digital marketing strategies. We create campaigns that drive website traffic and conversions for clients, many of which are in-house, or agency marketers strapped for resources and time. The values we stand by include transparency, honesty, empathy, passion about the latest in using technology for marketing, a love of teaching online marketing, and a focus on providing the best in class work that drives real results.
- Our website
- Any services that are available on or through our websites
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you. We also provide the choices you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have an explicit reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in four ways:
- When a user registers to access our free library of materials
- Purchases or uses our training materials
- Completes a contact form
- Signs up to a newsletter or to receive blog post updates
Information You Provide to Us
The amount and type of information will depend on the context and how we use the information.
Here are some examples.
Basic Account Information:
We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account on our site to provide a username and email address – and that’s it. You may provide us with more information (like your name) but we don’t require that information to create a website account.
Public Profile Information:
If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your profile. This information is visible to other users if you interact on the forums.
Transaction and Billing Information:
First name, last name, credit card information and mailing address if you purchase a class. Financial information is stored in the Stripe system.
Communications with Us:
You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a question about your site in our private or forums or comment on our blog posts.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
Information from Cookies & Other Technologies:
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our services.
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of WO Strategies LLC and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, to solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We never have and we never will. However, we share information about you in the very limited circumstances spelled out below, and only with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors:
Third Party Vendors:
We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us or to provide their services to you or your site.
This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you). It also can include customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you; those that assist us with our marketing efforts; those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or any other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about WO Strategies users, please contact us.
To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of WO Strategies LLC, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
With Your Consent:
We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information:
We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
Published Support Requests:
And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. We keep your information until you delete the data, or request for it to be removed from the list, or if you are inactive for over three years.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the Information that You Provide:
If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, may not be accessible.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:
You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using websites, with the drawback that certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request portability of your personal data.
- You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, please let us know.
How to Reach Us