Katherine Watier Ong is the owner of WO Strategies LLC. An organic traffic marketing partner and trainer to science-based organizations. We collaborate with you and your team to ensure that you have the skills and strategy necessary to grow your organic traffic, with the goal of getting scientific answers into the hands of your customers.
With over 25 years of experience, Katherine loves helping in-house marketers improve their organic traffic results for enterprise-level websites.
She has run digital marketing campaigns for organizations ranging from federal agencies, foreign governments, startups, nonprofits, and Fortune 500 companies focused on G2C, B2B, and B2C audiences.
Her campaigns have had an impact. She’s lost sites due to too much traffic (to EWG.org for 4 days, but still 1.2 million visits up from 300K), helped NYer’s get registered on the NY Heath Exchange, pivoted search query volume toward electronic health records for HealthIT.gov, and helped Cancer.gov grow from 1.5 million to nearly 5 million searches/mo. She has a BA in Social Psychology from Hampshire College and an MA in Tech Marketing and Business from Georgetown where she conducted the first study of consumer adoption of wearable computers.
We are an organic traffic marketing partner and trainer to science-based organizations. We collaborate with you and your team to ensure that you have the skills and strategy necessary to grow your organic traffic, with the goal of getting scientific answers into the hands of your customers.
Katherine started her own company because she wanted to live her core values. These include:
- Integrity, Honesty, and a bit of New Englander bluntness.
- Empathy (for you as an in-house marketer and for your target audience).
- Focus on educating your team, your business, and the marketing community at large about how SEO works and can drive results.
- Tenacity and collaborative approach to provide the best in class work that drives real results
- NOAA Fisheries
- HHS Office of the National Coordinator
- National Cancer Institute
- HHS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – CHIP/InsureKidsNow.gov
- HHS Office of National Civil Rights
- US State Department
- US Navy
- NY State Health Benefits Exchange
- The Russian Federation
- National Council of Beef aka FactsAboutBeef
- US Farmers and Ranchers Alliance
- Dignity Health
- Express Scripts
- Cleveland Clinic
- Caris Life Sciences
- Nestle Health Sciences
- Toshiba Medical
- National Academy of Sciences
- American College of Cardiology Journals
- American Society of Microbiology
- Council for Biotechnology
- National Honey Board
- International Food Information Council
- Dental Group Practice Association
- CA Milk Advisory Board
- Quality Parts Coalition
- Applied Materials
Consumer Packaged Goods
- Coffee Mate
- Crystal Light
- Environmental Working Group
- Family Fighting Flu
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- National 4-H Council
- HR Block
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
- Net Strategies
- Patients and Purpose
- INK Communications
- Ombudsman Educational Services
- University of California, San Francisco
- The Story Exchange
WO Strategies Federal Capabilities Statement
Send a note today to learn more about how we can focus your organization’s digital marketing strategy and more effectively connect you with your online audience.