This client was a small nonprofit site in the news industry. They relied on paid search to drive traffic to their site and had seen a two-year decrease in traffic after their site moved to HTTPS.
In this case, it was clear that (before we did SEO work) the client needed first to tighten their personas and brand positioning, so we referred them to our friends MarketAde.
Once they had those findings, we:
- Conducted an SEO audit
- Conducted an overview of the competitive landscape
- Trained their team on SEO basics and writing for search intent.
- Executed on a beginner set of keyword research
- Improved their dashboard measurement
- Coached them on promotion strategies, and
- Found them a resource to manage their Google Ads grant.
We also tackled the technical issues created by the move to HTTPs without an SEO involved, which created new URLs without 301 redirects from the old ones.
The Story Exchange brought us on board in July 2018, and you can see the increase in organic traffic since:
This client proved that new-to-SEO teams CAN drive results with training, a starter SEO strategy, and coaching of in-house teams tasked with the execution of content & promotion.
We would love to help you see those types of results too!