How to Create a plan to build a Page or Hub that sets you up as a Topical Authority
Hello. Thanks for listening to SEO tips today.
This article from OnCrawl was an intense read, but the most helpful part I picked up is the following tips around creating a topical map before creating a content hub, which includes:
- Crawl your competitors’ sitemaps to understand their topical maps.
- Pull Google Trends – the related queries and related topics.
- Collect data from autocomplete and search suggestions.
- Notice how your competitors are connecting content hubs.
- Use Google Knowledge Graph to pull relevant entities.
- Use non-web resources to view the properties of entities and their hierarchies and connections.
- Check competitor’s anchor texts for a specific article internally and externally.
And my tips:
- Use Wiki Topic Grapher to graph the topic based on the entities in Wikipedia pages.
- Use social media forums like Quora or Reddit to understand the additional questions users post on your topic and add those to your content brief.
- Read the comments on the top pages ranking in search to spot additional insights around your topic.
Thanks for listening. Come back tomorrow for another SEO tip.
Listen to the previous episode: The potential impact of mobile only indexing