Today we are going to highlight a few stats focused on how important it is to be mobile friendly.
Hello! Thanks for listening to SEO tips today.
So I wanted to share some great insights on our increasing mobile use here in the US from App Annie.
- We collectively spent 4.2 hours on our phones in 2020 (a 20% YOY increase).
- This increase is the greatest in the Gen X/Baby Boomer dynamic.
And as a reminder, Googlebot is crawling mobile-first, and all desktop-only content will be dropped sometime in March 2021 (so this month).
Mobile friendly includes ensuring that your site is:
- Fast loading
- Elements don’t shift as the page loads
- Elements are clickable with a thumb, and
- Images that are viewable/expandable on a mobile phone.
I also check to ensure that my clients have navigation that is crawlable with JS turned off with their responsive websites (which is a common issue).
Thanks for listening. Come back tomorrow for another SEO tip.
Listen to the previous episode: Deciphering the Google News Reports in Google Search Console